White Chocolate, Raspberry and Pomegranate Cheesecake
- 250g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 12g sachet gelatine
- 150ml single cream
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 1kg Philadelphia full-fat cream cheese
- 1tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 300g pomegranate seeds
- Raspberry coulis, to serve
- Festive decorations
- Whizz the biscuits in a blender until they form crumbs. Add the butter and combine. Grease a 20cm round, loose-based cake tin and line with grease-proof paper. Press the crumbs into the base of the tin and leave to chill.
- Mix the gelatine with 3tbsp. cold water and leave to soften. Heat the cream until hot. Remove from the heat, add the gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the melted white chocolate and ¼ cream cheese. Stir over low heat until melted. Beat the remaining cream cheese and vanilla in a mixer, then slowly pour in the chocolate and cream cheese, mix and whisk.
- Stir through 1/s raspberries and 1/s pomegranate seeds then pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Chill for 4hr, or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and scatter remaining raspberries and seeds over the top. Drizzle raspberry coulis over the fruit, decorate and serve.
Royal Mince Pies
7 ozs plain flour 3 ozs ground almonds
finely grated rind of 1 orange 1 oz caster sugar
5ozs butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
1 large egg, beaten 1 ¼ lb mincemeat
4ozs brandy butter 2 tbsp milk, salt
1 egg white, large 8ozs icing sugar, sifted
MethodSift flour into bowl and mix in ground almonds, orange rid, caster sugar and pinch of salt Rub the butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and mix into the flour with knife, then gather into a ball using your hands. Pre-heat oven 200C, 400F, Gas 6. Roll out dough
thinly and cut out roughly 20 2½” circles and 20 3″ circles.Line bun tin with larger circles. Spoon in mincemeat to each. Put tbs. brandy butter on top of each.Brush pastry edges with milk and place smaller round on top.Bake in centre of oven for 25 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool.Whisk egg white until frothy, beat in icing sugar. Spread a little over each mince pie and place on baking sheet. Return to the oven at same temperature for 5-10mins, until icing has browned a little and pies are heated.